On Thursday 20 December 2001 05:49, Terry C wrote:
> I think this may have come up in the recent past but I
> coulnd't find it in the list archives sooo.. I am
> trying to install Galeon 1.0.1 but I get this message
> error: failed dependencies: mozilla = 0.9.6 is needed
> by galeon-1.0.1-1mdk. The problem is that I have
> already installed mozilla 0.9.6.

I had this problem once. In kpackage I could see that mysteriously, moz
0.96 had been installed without overwriting 0.94, so there were now
effectively TWO mozillas onboard and when I tried to install galeon, it
only saw the first, earlier, one. This is not supposed to be possible
unless you ask for it explicitly, but it happened anyway (there were two
Galeons too - it was really messy in there).

The answer in my case was to do, logged in as root, this command in a
terminal: "rpm -e mozilla" TWICE. In fact, keep doing it until you get an
error message saying that mozilla is not installed. After that, a "rpm
--rebuilddb" is probably a good thing. Now you can install Mozilla
(try this:     "rpm -Uvh /var/cache/grpmi/mozilla[TAB]"    - if there
still is a copy of mozilla in the cache, and there should be, it will pick
it up) cleanly and then install galeon on top of it.

PS. you'll probably also need gnome-vfs
--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n nx dmnstrtn