On Wednesday 19 December 2001 08:38 pm, civileme wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a list that is newbie friendly?
> >
> > My wife is the only one allowed to beat me up.  I'm very reluctant to ask
> > questions here because of the way people have been treated lately.
> >
> > I have learned a lot lurking between the flames, but it has gotten to the
> > point where you are not fun or funny any more.
> >
> > Good luck, Civileme.  You have to put up with 'em.
> >
> > I don't.
> >
> > Lee Wiggers
>
> Last year, this was the place and the flames were on the expert list.  This
> year, I would say try the expert list.
>
> I may start a list as well, but I am sure to be branded a Nazi for
> censoring it, and I would, too, because I believe there are adequate
> avenues for freedom of speech.  If I start a list, I will let you know.  I
> would not moderate it but I would insist on courtesy with removal for
> flames.
>
> Actually, this isn't that hot.  Try a RH list if you don't believe me.
>
> Civileme

New List == Really Bad Idea(C). I'm already spending way too much time
jumping between these lists, the Forum, MandrakeUser and the other Mandrake
related sites. Yeah, things have gotten a little heated up over the past week
or so -- something close to a nervous breakdown (not entirely unexpected in
view of previous postings by that person), and two minor flame wars
involving controversies about the real meaning of RTFM. This kind of stuff
happens from time to time and, like a kidney stone, it too shall pass. Hardly
sufficient reason to start YALMML.

OK, now it's time to install LM8.1.

Carroll (who isn't big on early adopting)