>Does anyone know of a list that is newbie friendly?
>
>My wife is the only one allowed to beat me up.  I'm very reluctant to ask
>questions here because of the way people have been treated lately.
>
>I have learned a lot lurking between the flames, but it has gotten to the
>point where you are not fun or funny any more.
>
>Good luck, Civileme.  You have to put up with 'em.
>
>I don't.
>
>Lee Wiggers

Lee,

There are those of us, including civilme, Vincent Danen, myself, and others
that do help the newbies on this list without 'flaming' people -- and
hopefully providing the newbies with new insights and so forth.

Most of us 'experts' have simply seen more of the problems a newbie is
likely to face and simply have more ideas as to what to check,
re-configure, install, or whatever the case may be.

If you feel you'll get flamed on-list, don't hesitate to send an e-mail to
me or one of the others directly.  If nothing else, we can at least
(hopefully) provide suggestions that might point you in the right direction.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Registered Linux User #81978