Thanks, Steven. Well, everybody seems quite psyched abotu OpenOffice and
StarOffice. I will give those a try. Nobody seems to mention Hancom
Office. Has anybody tried them? Of course free is nice, but I am not a
fanatic about not purchasing software - particularly if it is nice. I
think the success of Linux will depend on people being able to support
themselves by developing it, and developing applications for it.

Of course I am speaking as somebody who works for a company that makes
software that runs on Linux, Mac and Windows. :-)

doug

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tuesday, December 25, 2001):