On Monday 31 December 2001 19:25, Terry C wrote:

> Here's some additional information from harddrake
> under other devices:
> Vendor: Microtech
> Model: CameraMate SmartMedia and CompactFlash reader
> Kernel Module: unknown
> Bus Type: USB
> Informations: This device hasn't been identified by
> HardDrake, please send `/proc/bus/*' files and this
> device ID `07af0006' to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I don't know how important it is for the card reader to be identified,
but I would think it could be important. I don't know how much these
card readers differ between different manufacturers, but I can tell you
the SanDisk CF reader is widely known as working great in Linux. It's
the one I chose after doing some newsgroup research. Maybe you can try
a SanDisk and see if you get better results.