Hi Group,

I have LM version 8.1 installed this last week and choose to install the
wine package. However, I am unable to figure out how to get it working...

It seems that the fake windows directory structure is already in place for
me at /var/lib/wine. I switched to su and copied an application to the wine
directory (sol.exe from a Windows 98SE machine). Then, I switched back to
my regular user and typed wine "c:\sol.exe".

A lot of text was on the screen related to fonts. Then, the last failure
was an exception error and that was it.

Sorry for not producing a better report.

I found the configuration file in my ~/.wine directory. But, I am a little
confused as to if there is something already setup (or not). I mean is
there an environment setting already associated with this file. Do I need
to move it?

I am pretty green when it comes to Linux after a couple of years vacation
from it... Is there any How-Tos for setting up wine with the preconfigured
Linux Mandrake install. Or, is there a better method in general.

Thanks,
Joe