Greetings ....

I want to install a program (LinuxTrade) ... when I tried to install it, i
received a message that "failed dependencies: curl is needed" ...

so i downloaded curl and attempted to install it but received a message,
"file /usr/lib/libcurl.so.2 from install of curl-7.9.2-1 conflicts with file
from package libcurl2-7.8.1-1mdk" ....

so, having nothing to lose (by which i mean, it's just my experimental box),
I went to Package Manager to attempt to uninstall libcurl2 so that i could
install cURL ... again, an error message, this time "error: removing this
package would break dependencies ... curl-lib is needed by rpmdrake .....
libcurl.so.2 is needed by rpmdrake ... libcurl.so.2 is needed by grpmi"

what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance,

kenn