On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:36:55 -0600
Joe Wittmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> I have LM version 8.1 installed this last week and choose to install the
> wine package. However, I am unable to figure out how to get it working...

<snip>

> I am pretty green when it comes to Linux after a couple of years vacation
> from it... Is there any How-Tos for setting up wine with the preconfigured
> Linux Mandrake install. Or, is there a better method in general.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

        the stock package in the LM8.1 is broken. i recommend going to the
mandrakeuser.org board and head to the tips'n'tricks section. there is a growing
'Building WineX' thread there which will hopefully answer most of your questions.
Inside that thread is also a link to the user 'Scapegoats' self-made tutorial about
building and running WineX. he said it works and provides snapshots of what windows
applications he have run.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
Millennium Software, Incorporated
2305 B West Tower, Philippines Stocks Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel# 638-3070 loc. 72
Fax# 638-3079