El Mié 06 Feb 2002 21:27, escribió:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:59:09 +1300
>
> Walter Logeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> revealed these words to me:
> > >   i use rpmdrake once in a while but mainly use the
> > > commandline rpm. read the manpage to learn more but here is
> > > the short end of it
> >
> > Thanks for this - i am preferring the command line already for
> > this... if for no other reason than I can copy out the messages
> > from it!  I am getting pretty much the same results as before.
> >
> > I am still  trying to upgrade xmms - first i did
> >
> >  rpm -iv xmms-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm but realised that i might need to
> > do an upgrade and then did the following:
> >
> > # rpm -Uv xmms-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm
> > error: failed dependencies:
> >         xmms = 1.2.5-4mdk is needed by xmms-esd-1.2.5-4mdk
> >         xmms = 1.2.5-4mdk is needed by xmms-gnome-1.2.5-4mdk
> >    xmms = 1.2.5-4mdk is needed by xmms-mikmod-1.2.5-4mdk
> > 426 root@psybernet:/home/walter/wldownloads/xmms (12:25:22)
> > #
> >
> > This leaves me confused as to what it is telling me and what to
> > do now.
> >
> > It seems the old xmms is needed by some of the files that
> > support it???
> >
> > Walter
>
> well you are using a cooker rpm so it is not uncommon to meet those kind of
> dependency checks. if you are really sure you want to install that ( like
> if you think the other apps would not mind seeing a newer version, or you
> would like to see what would happen *evil grin*) _experimental_ package
> then you could do
>
>       rpm -Fv xmms-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm --nodeps
>
> which means there will be no dependency checks when upgrading or installing
> a package. this is where the fun begins as you will see if everything will
> run fine or you will have to re-install the old package. i think the
> command will be something like (im expecting the more experienced users out
> there will correct me on this one as i dont use it often enough and basing
> this on the manpage)
>
>       rpm -Fv [old but working xmms package] [--force | --allfiles ]
>

> ciao!

To upgrade XMMS 1.2.5 to 1.2.6 you need all this files:

[carlos@localhost XMMS 1.2.6]$ su
Password:
[root@localhost XMMS 1.2.6]# ls
libxmms1-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
libxmms1-devel-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
xmms-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
xmms-diskwriter-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
xmms-esd-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
xmms-gnome-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
xmms-mesa-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
xmms-mikmod-1.2.6-1mdk.i686.rpm*
[root@localhost XMMS 1.2.6]# rpm -Uvh --test *.rpm
Preparing...
[root@localhost XMMS 1.2.6]#

If everything works fine, like above, then just type: rpm -Uvh *.rpm

Carlos