On Thursday 07 February 2002 12:58, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > ~~~
> >
> > Now I'd like to upgrade xfree86 4.1.0 to 4.2.0
> >
> > I have tried, but the dependencies are horrendous...
> >
> > where to from here?
> >
> > Walter
>
> Why?  What will 4.2.0 do for you that 4.1.0 does not?
> I can understand upgrading Evolution. The older version has some nasty
> bugs, but what is wrong with XFree86 that requires an upgrade?

Nothing AFAIK. But I wanted to update something else that required 4.2.x.
Long forgotten what it was ...

Besides, I am obsessive about staying on the bleeding edge. Ya gotta
problem with that? <g>

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

...hey, at least a wild goose chase gives you some exercise-Neal Stephenson