On Thursday 07 February 2002 21:11, Michel Clasquin wrote:
> On Thursday 07 February 2002 12:58, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > > ~~~
> > >
> > > Now I'd like to upgrade xfree86 4.1.0 to 4.2.0
> > >
> > > I have tried, but the dependencies are horrendous...
> > >
> > > where to from here?
> > >
> > > Walter
> >
> > Why?  What will 4.2.0 do for you that 4.1.0 does not?
> > I can understand upgrading Evolution. The older version has some nasty
> > bugs, but what is wrong with XFree86 that requires an upgrade?
>
> Nothing AFAIK. But I wanted to update something else that required 4.2.x.
> Long forgotten what it was ...
>
> Besides, I am obsessive about staying on the bleeding edge. Ya gotta
> problem with that? <g>

None at all... But I thought the comment was from Walter, and since he stated
he wanted a stable machine, and had already been struggling with installing
RPM's I wondered why he was so keen to upgrade XFree. I well remember the
chill of fear when I first tried updating XFree and discovered I had screwed
up my graphical environment.  :(

derek