> ~~~
>
> Now I'd like to upgrade xfree86 4.1.0 to 4.2.0
>
> I have tried, but the dependencies are horrendous...
>
> where to from here?
>
> Walter

Why?  What will 4.2.0 do for you that 4.1.0 does not?
I can understand upgrading Evolution. The older version has some nasty bugs,
but what is wrong with XFree86 that requires an upgrade?

BTW: If you want to upgrade Evolution I recommend using Texstar's RPM's. They
are compiled for 8.1 and will not have half as many dependencies as Cooker
RPMS. All the required RPM's are in his Evolution Directory.
ftp://ftp.eastwind.net/pub/mirrors/texstar/

derek