On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:15:40 +0200, Robin Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2002 07:15, christiyono wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > How to install Star office 5.2 in Mandrake 8.0 that every user can
> > load and use it without installing in each user home directory? Is
> > it true that every user must install it personally?
>
> Unfortunately, yes.  You could probably write a shell script to
> automate the process, though, or install for one user and copy the
> fiiles to other users' home directories.
>
> BTW, I wouldn't recommend installing 5.2 - wait for 6.0 or use the
> latest Open Office build.

If you run the StarOffice setup with the /net flag, you'll only have to install
a couple of megs worth of data into each user's home directory (i.e. not the
whole suite).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"I think that throttling writers is fine and good, but as it stands now, the
dirty buffer balancing will throttle anybody, not just the writer."
 -- Linus
Torvalds