Robin Turner wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 February 2002 07:15, christiyono wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > How to install Star office 5.2 in Mandrake 8.0 that every user can
> > load and use it without installing in each user home directory? Is
> > it true that every user must install it personally?
>
> Unfortunately, yes.  You could probably write a shell script to
> automate the process, though, or install for one user and copy the
> fiiles to other users' home directories.
>
> Robin

I'm sorry, but on this matter I must disagree completely with you, Robin
!
On my box I have Star Office installed in my /opt/office52 directory.
Doing this is easy : become root, go to the CD (or ftp-site), change
directory to linux, cd to office52, cd to program. Verify the presence
of the file "setup". Now, issue the command : ./setup /net (or ./setup
-net) depending on the distro. This will install the whole kidoodle once
and for all. Remove the install-media.

Then become a normal user. Go to the directory where you installed SO,
and -once again- find the "setup" file. Run it (this time without the ./
things) and it will install about 1.5 MB in this users home directory.
Repeat the procedure for every user on the system. Done and ready to use
!

HTH

Kaj Haulrich