Hello,

> >Sorry, I forgot to ask this in my first reply but why do you feel the need
> >to convert your friend to Linux if he is happy with Mac OS X?
>
> For a very simple reason: I don't think that proprietary software is a good
> thing.  Neither do I trust that Mac suddenly coming into Unices and even
> open source with their next OS is anything but opportunism born out of dire
> need.  As for their OS - look at Linus T's comments about it in his book.

Id depends on what you want. For most of the people of this list
(including me), Mandraje provides everything for the daily use.
As for my frustrations:
    - No consistent cut & paste;
    - No way to reassign the shortcuts consistently to mimick Mac's
behaviour. At least not in KDE, and the changes don't apply consistently
everywhere.
    - Fonts / encoding problems as soon as you don't use an english
platform. I am still unable, for instance, to send a message that contains
French AND Japanese in the same page. Either the accents or the
kanjis are unsuported.

We (on this list) can cope with this, but as for a person coming from
MacOSX world where the 3 points above work perfectly, I guess it is
not easy and for them, Mac is still the only solution that works out of
the box, without any other config.

Pascal