>That's true. I'm sure free software will get there; it'll just take some
>time :)

Apps may get there, but drivers for video cards, sound cards, etc. is a
friggin nightmare without end! Here you have some very nice and
technically skilled programmers that are trying to play catch up with
commercial products. On sites like <http://dri.sourceforge.net/>, they
openly state not to ask about when there will be driver support for x or
xx card! This unfortunately will not change in the foreseeable future, as
far as I am concerned, unless the business model for Linux changes
drastically. Difficulty in finding a videocard on the local market that
has Linux drivers is close to what we in the old days on the Mac OS
called "SCSI Voodoo". I am so fed up with this "Linux Driver Voodoo" that
I am regretting having started on my Linux box project at all! As I
haven't purchased any hardware yet, maybe I will just buy one of those
new "Luxor" iMacs and be done with it!

Cheers,

Brian