| On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 11:34:55AM +0100, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
 | Indeed, thinking that Linux needs PhotoShop, man what do you think the
 | GIMP does? Clearly not well researched as the only thing PhotoShop does
 | that GIMP doesn't yet is CYMK colour - that's coming though.

I think the point's being missed here.

Yes, GIMP will do most of the things that Photoshop does, but is it as familiar
and as widely used as Photoshop?

Photoshop has become a very well known, "accepted standard," for image editing.
Being used on Macs as well PCs.  I know quite a few people who started out just
playing with Photoshop for the hell of it, then turned into Photoshop gurus.
For all I know that's possible and true with GIMP, but who do you know that doesn't
know about Photoshop?

When it comes down to it, it's what are people used to and comfortable using?  And
if Linux were get Photoshop, it could take over more of the PC market.  I think most
would agree with that.
tdh

  T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  UIN:  17021091