On Monday 11 March 2002 17:38, shane wrote:

> > Either way, we all will use the programs/software we find best for us.
>
> optimist!  :-)

Yep - if only.  I once read (OK, skimmed) a book called "Butterfly Economics"
(after the notorious butterfly effect) which explained, amongst other things,
why the rational actor model of economics doesn't work.  Classical economics
dictate that all consumers will purchase the product that provides the
greatest returns for the minimum cost - the law of supply and demand. If this
were true, no one would have ever bought a Cabbage Patch Kid, a Furbie, a VHS
recorder or Windows.

Robin