looks like i misunderstood, but your first post looked ... uhm.. not very
friendly. i'm very sorry.

well, my machine? just a P2 400 MMX .. 256 MB Ram, 6,4 GB and 30 GB hd's,
Intel 8 MB AGP video card, 64 bit Creative labs Sound... and yes,
a Samsung 12x8x32 burner, which worked right after install.

geek... i don't think i tinker enough with the stuff to fall into that
category.. however i do spend a lot of time with my computer.

i guess i'm kind of a hybrid between regular user and geek, kinda.. i
got this Dr. Jeckill & Mr. Hyde into me.. but concerning your questions..
absolutely no tweaking. MDK worked for me 100%.