On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:17:39 -0800 (PST)
Pauljames Dimitriu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>      Forgive if this message appears twice, but I
> don't see it on the list.
>
>      Question:  How do I set up my computer as a POP3
> account?  When I try to send a message to my account
> on my Linux machine, I get the following "bounce"
> back:
>
> 554 <email addr>: Recipient address rejected: Relay
> access denied 554 5.0.0 <email addr>... Service
> unavailable
>
>      I have my IP address configured correctly on the
> DNS end and I have the proper port forwarding on my
> router.  How can I check to see if POP3 service is
> running?  If it is running, what could be the problem?

My problem is that once I fix something, I never remember how I did it :(

So, are you running Postfix or some other mailer? Have you verified that
the service is running either through Webmin or the Control Center?

If you are running a firewall, make sure you don't have your mailer
blocked.

Can you send mail to an outside addy using your local account?

Todd

--
Todd Slater
What does education often do? It makes a straight cut ditch of a free