On Saturday 06 April 2002 04:17 am, you wrote:
> On Saturday 06 April 2002 12:46 am, Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
> > Somehow, it looks like that there may have been more issues than
> > there was with LM 8.0 or 8.1.
>
>     Very true, but keep in mind most problems are user, then hardware.
> 'Least ways I've found that the interface between the keyboard, mouse
> and chair accounts for ~85% of my difficulties, 'bout 10% hardware.
> When I keep this in mind, problems seem easier to resolve.  Approaching
> from the opposite direction and assuming the OS or software involved is
> the culprit, makes problems damn near, if not impossible to fix.
>
>    It gets old. When 7.2 was released, many were sayin "7.0 was fine,
> installed great, but 7.2 won't, I'm waitin for 7.+"  Update a year or
> so and replace 7 with 8 in the above.  Next year use 9.  SOS-DD
> Mandrake's got it goin on in that they are free. Proof's in the puddin,
> new releases are made available (along with source), before the boxed
> sets even get to the stores. I'd feel guilty as heck if it weren't for
> the Mandrake Club.
>
>    If you wanna run the best posible Linux currently available, you
> might wanna update your chair or hardware. Micro$oft has a better idea
> in this respect. They make their OS and software so that it's even
> worse than the K/M/C interface and/or sloppy hardware.  Works OK for
> ~90% desktop users and Dell, who have low expectations to begin with.
> I've yet to find but a few situations that weren't solved by upgrading
> the chair or changin frequencies (yep, your computer is just a
> different kind'a radio set). With Linux you can change channels at
> will.
>
>     YMMV

This only confirms that most of the users are fools like me, and that Linux
needs to be fool proof. There is nothing wrong with Linux. The fools are the
problem. Rigby FUD says Linux is the problem. Fools will fall in love with
Linux if it becomes fool proof. Linux could do with an injection of hormones.

Seedkum