Miark wrote:
> Just a guess, but how about making an ISO image of the cd and run
> md5summer on the ISO file?

Miark,

I tried this once, and didn't get back the original md5sum.  See:

http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/Md5sumsAfterBurning#An_Easy_CD_Creator_iso_image

(and some of the headings before that).

I suspect that the iso (and it's md5sum) may vary depending on which
software (and which options) are used to create the iso.  I'm looking
for data (or authoritative knowledge) to prove or disprove the point.

If you (or anyone else) downloads and burns isos and can collect some
data, it would be much appreciated.  As the cited page is a wiki, you
can add the data to the page yourself (or send it to me via the list).

Randy Kramer