El mar, 09-04-2002 a las 06:23, John Richard Smith escribió:
> Thank you Damian,
> That explains it.
> I did not know about src at all.
> Two further questions,
>
> If I choose to compile a tar ball, can I turn the compiled file into an rpm
> file, and if so how,
>
> If  I choose to compile the src rpm file, rather than compile a tar ball,
> which is likely to be best. Is there a question of installabillity , between
> one computer over another computer, assuming they both have the same
> base OS.
>
> In otherwords are there pros and cons between either route.
>
> John

yes, you can build RPM files, but i've never done it and i'm afraid
i don't know anything about it :o(

if you are planning to run cdrtools on two different machines, i'd
suggest compiling the source separatedly for both of them.
anyway, if the two computers are alike, ( processor, OS, devices )
it should be fine....

HTH

Damian