On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 04:45:49 +1200
Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Your current sources directory is "/root/Desktop/". I would not recommend
> installing it from there. Create another directory called cdrtools like so
>
> root# mkdir /cdrtools
> root# cd /cdrtools
> root# cp /root/Desktop/cdr* .
>
> then continue as previously advised. I think the new directory should be created
> somewhere like /usr/share to conform to standard. If i am wrong i will get my
> ass kicked quick!
>
> HTH
> Michael
>
> John Richard Smith wrote:
> >
> > Thank you all, but,
> >
> > When I try to cd into sources directory this is what happens.
> >
> > [root@localhost root]# cd /root/Desktop/cdrtools-1.11a20-1.src.rpm
> > bash: cd: /root/Desktop/cdrtools-1.11a20-1.src.rpm: Not a directory
> > [root@localhost root]#
> >
> > So what do I need to do now, in order to proceed.

I have read the thread but am not really sure what you are trying to accomplish.

If all you wish to do is to rebuild the src.rpm then dl the rpm to your home directory.
Open a term and su to root.
# cd /home/charles
# rpm -rebuild cdrtools-1.11a20-1.src.rpm
(be forewarned I can almost guarantee that you are going to need to install additional
-devel pkgs before you can rebuild.)

When/if the build successfully completes the 'new' cdrtools-1.11a20-1.rpm can be found
in /usr/src/RPM/RPMS in the direc. for your system default builds, most likely i586.

Only thing necessary now is to install it.

    Charles