Hi,

System:

LM8.2
Samba 2.2.3a

Samba works perfect under the current setup. I have a simple share level
system where remote machines login as nobody:nogroup.

However, my local user mike cannot write to these areas.

They have access to two areas: /home/public and /home/image

   4 drwxrwxr-x    2 nobody   nogroup      4096 Apr  7 19:54 image/
   4 drwxr-xr-x   32 mike     mike         4096 Apr 10 08:18 mike/
   4 drwxrwxr-x   10 nobody   nogroup      4096 Apr  8 15:06 public/

as you can see I: chmod -R  g+w /home/image & /public

and I added user mike to group nogroup.

According to my limited knowledge this should now work. However, user
mike still cannot write to either of the directories.

Any ideas?

T.