I don't think you can get more bang for the buck from a local builder.  They
have to pay WAY,WAY more for their parts than Dell so to be competitive they
always half to make concessions on the quality of components.  (Did you know
there is a huge market out there on manufactured "seconds"?)  If you aren't
familiar with components, you won't know.   When you add in the warranty and
24/7 support, the bottom line price comparison is not even close.  It's the
sad truth because I would rather support a small business owner ...

I build and support my own.  It costs me more than buying from dell and
thats with me bringing my OS & software from my last machine.  What I get
for my money is more choice/control.

----