On Fri, 10 May 2002 21:31:58 -0700
shane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ok, saw an article on this, was shocked, forgot about it.  went to the store
> tonight.  saw it again.  now i am just confused.
>
> redhat is currently offering a rebate if you are changing over from another
> OS.  "cool" you say "more reason to leave windows!"  if only....
>
> redhats rebate goes to users of mandrake and suse.
>
> i have often said that there are a few "beginer" or "desktop only" distros
> like redmond but only 2 complete distros, mandrake and suse.  does this
> mean redhat agrees?

hmm.. actually i woudn't worry about that.. they will find out this atrategy will
not make a lot of ppl change from suse/mdk to redhat.

<IMHO>
   Linux users tend to be very satisfied with their choices, simply beacuse we CAN
   choose, and try a lot of things. a rebate is not enough to change a mandrake/suse
   user's mind, unless he/she had a very bad experience with it.
   Now, for Windoze users... that's another deal. in their case it might work.
</IMHO>

we all know RH is a more "traditional" company, so to speak.. so it's not very
surprising that they start using a more agressive  advertising strategy...

............. and on the other hand, it does hurt a little..

Damian