On Saturday 11 May 2002 09:51 am, shane wrote:
> On Friday 10 May 2002 23:05, Dimitris Ioannou opened a general
> hailing
>
> frequency and transmitted to all open stations:
> > Can you please post more details about it? Never heard about
> > something like it. You mean a Linux Distro stands against others?
> > I've thought that recently RedHat changed perspective and aimed
> > mostly at server market.
>
> well there is http://www.theregus.com/content/4/24915.html or
> simply find a store with the current redhat version and read th
> little sticker on the front.

    I don't understand the controversy/hype here.  You can go to
Cheapbytes and buy either a 3 CD set of ML8.2 or RH7.3 for ~$6
delivered to your front door. So for example, a discount on $60 for
RH personal seems like a trap for the gullible to me (?).  More power
to 'em if it snags some winblows users.

     Personally I've been thinkin of tryin RH again after a several
year hiatus from it. Since I don't have a dialup worthy of the task
to d/l it for free, I'm damn sure I'd spend $6 rather than opt for a
minor discount on $60. As always, Y'all'sMMV  ;)
--
    Tom Brinkman                    Corpus Christi, Texas