On Friday 10 May 2002 23:15, Damian G opened a general hailing frequency and
transmitted to all open stations:

> hmm.. actually i woudn't worry about that.. they will find out this
> atrategy will not make a lot of ppl change from suse/mdk to redhat.
>
> <IMHO>
>    Linux users tend to be very satisfied with their choices, simply
> beacuse we CAN choose, and try a lot of things. a rebate is not enough to
> change a mandrake/suse user's mind, unless he/she had a very bad
> experience with it. Now, for Windoze users... that's another deal. in
> their case it might work. </IMHO>

that is my opinion too.  still, mandrake has the big market share in linux
right now, and suse compares well with mandrake.  redhat.... well, in many
ways doesn't.  is redhat afraid they are on the way out?

if so, why try to keep share by taking other linux users rather than
windows?

--
when cryptogrophy is outlawed, only outlaws will
°B*<IHÿ`/~°Eb/{·D_ÚØ~}:Xªø«»é

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98