I remember Civilme suggesting that XFS is a good way to go on a PC, so
that's what I'm using now. I have a somewhat faulty mobo, so every couple
weeks, it freezes up to the point where I have to cold boot, and with XFS
it boots up just as fast as it did when I was using ReiserFS. However, I
lack the technical expertise to even detect if there's any performance
difference between XFS and ReiserFS.

Heh...I realize that probably isn't much help...sorry...