Running on Mdk 8.2, in a triple boot with W2K and Win98.

If I am to progress at all I must be able to work while the rest of the
family are on the LAN.  That is, 1 W2K m/c and 2 Win98 m/cs.  I need to
share a FAT32 directory, identified in Linux as /mnt/win_d2/Public, and
to make my m/c the gateway for ICS.

I requested Samba and ICS when installing, so I'm fairly sure all
necessary services will be installed.

I have created users on my Linux partition, giving them the same name
and password as they use on the Win m/cs.  I have entered Samba
passwords.  Then, using Micky's PC for testing, I checked to see what
was happening.

I can see Anne_linux in Network Neighbourhood.  Clicking on it shows me
my 2 CUPS printer setups and a folder called Homes.  Clicking on this
asks for a password - and I can go no further.

 From my Linux screen I can see Micky/Public from Control Centre/Mount
Points.

1)  What did I do wrong?

2)  How should I have entered Micky into the Samba Users Config. file?
I just put 'Micky = Micky users', assuming that it had something to do
with the groups she belongs to.  If it is, do I need to add all the groups?

3)  If I try to see Micky/Public under Konq I get 'cannot connect to
host localhost'.  When I get the other problems sorted out will this
disappear, or is it a totally separate problem?

TIA

Anne