Derek Jennings wrote:

> On Monday 27 May 2002 4:58 pm, you wrote:
>
> Have you used webmin to make sure Micky is a 'normal' user and the password
> is set to the same as the Linux password?
> (Of course it is case sensitive)

Yes - I checked, and I have re-entered a 'new' password, just to make sure.

> IPC$  is part of the Samba service. Not sure what it actually does, but it is
> not a valid share. It looks like you have not actually got any shares
> defined. Or if you do they are not browsable and so Network Neighbourhood
> cannot see them.

This seems to be what is happening, and I can't see why.  Here are
settings from Webmin:

Share Name      Path                    Security
homes
        All Home Directories    Read/write to all known users
Anne_Public
/mnt/win_d2/Public
Read/write to all known users
---
Home Directories Share
Available Yes           Browseable Yes
Share Comment   Home Directories
---
Share name      Anne_Public
Directory to share      /mnt/win_d2/Public
Available Yes           Browseable Yes
Share Comments  Anne_Public
---
Edit Security for share Anne_Public
Writable
Yes
Guest Access    None
Guest Unix user nobody
Limit to possible list  No
Hosts to allow  All
Hosts to deny   None
Revalidate users  No
Valid users     Andy Micky ...  (I have now added them into the Possible Users list)
Read/write users        Andy Micky ...

For luck I added        Possible Groups         users
and                     Read/write Groups       users

Any ideas?

Anne