>>      Hola. Is there anybody out there using drakbackup? I want to backup
>to> my standard SCSI CD writer (Matsushita 7502), but I don't know how to.
>I> only can backup to HD.

I use this little script thingy to make my backups:

# General Backup script.
case "$1" in
        paul)
        # blank cd
        /usr/bin/cdrecord -v -eject -pad speed=8 dev=0,0,0 blank=fast
        # backup
        /usr/bin/mkisofs -graft-points -f -R -r -l -J pback/=/big/pback/
stuff/=/big/stuff/  scripts/=/usr/scripts/ mailnow/=/home/paul/sylmail/ |
/usr/bin/cdrecord driveropts=burnfree -v -pad speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -

        ;;
        download)
        # blank cd
        /usr/bin/cdrecord -v -eject -pad speed=8 dev=0,0,0 blank=fast
        # backup DOWNLOAD dir
        /usr/bin/mkisofs -graft-points -f -R -r -l -J download/=/big/download/ |
/usr/bin/cdrecord driveropts=burnfree -v -pad speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -
        ;;
        *) echo Only options: paul or download
esac

#end of script

I call it cdbackup and run either "cdbackup paul" or "cdbackup download"

In the mkisofs part I point out the dirs I want to backup and the
directories on the CD that I want them in:
<dir on cd>/=/dir/on/disk
and I pipe the output to cdrecord.
You may need to change the device for the CD in your system. I use
rewritable CD's, that is why the "blank cd" part is in there also.

greets
Paul

--
What a heavy oar the pen is,
and what a strong current ideas are to row in!

http://nlpagan.net    -    Linux Mandrake 8.2     -   Sylpheed 0.7.5
Help Microsoft combat software piracy: give Linux to a friend today!