On 29/05/2002,

 The following message was beamed across the Internet:

> Michael Adams wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 29 May 2002 13:58, FemmeFatale wrote:
>> > I've run 8.0, 8.1 & now 8.2.  Always I've accepted the default install
>> > partitions of root (/), swap & home.
>> >
>> > the one time I tried on 8.0 to make a boot, root, swap, var & other
>> > partitions, the boot partition was blank.  As a result the root
>> > directory had a  boot directory beneath it holding the boot files.  I
>> > was stumped.

  Well I used the ext3 (the journal one) and made /boot swap /
  on my HDD and it all went fine, boot was for boot swap for swap and
  / for the rest :)

 MDK 8.2

--
 Regards,
    Mark Van Bruggen

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

There is always a way, it's just reality that's the problem !!

 Mark Van Bruggen
  Microsoft OEM Certified              Phone :     07 4926 4900
   Computer Systems Supplier           Mobile:     04 3886 4900
    Internet / Computer Technician     E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     Rockhampton  QLD  AU