On Wed, 29 May 2002 13:58, FemmeFatale wrote:
> I've run 8.0, 8.1 & now 8.2.  Always I've accepted the default install
> partitions of root (/), swap & home.
>
> the one time I tried on 8.0 to make a boot, root, swap, var & other
> partitions, the boot partition was blank.  As a result the root
> directory had a  boot directory beneath it holding the boot files.  I
> was stumped.
>
> Is this standard behaviour or did I screw something up? *not that that'd
> be the first time I manage to FUBAR a system.*
>
> TIA

Not sure Femme. If you told it "/boot" is a partition, the directory should
have been effectively a hard link to your /boot partition. In my
understanding, often error prone, in up to 8.1 /boot and / both needed to be
ext2 but not under 8.2. Without knowing exactly what you tried and how you
went about it, it is hard to tell more.

--
Michael