On Wednesday 29 May 2002 09:44 pm, Damian G did speak unto the huddled
masses, saying:

> this difference can and will be worked out in time.
> but for this to happen, a difference must exist between the "linux user"
> community and the "linux developers" bunch of anti-social, cofee-maniac,
> manual reading geeks ;oP

and thanks for not bring your preconcieved notions to the list.  ;)

the problem with your statement, is the difference between user and
developer is why windows is 90% useless fluff.  that difference encourages
creating dancing paper clips rather than functions that people want.  yes,
many members could be more understanding, but some users could realize that
statements like "why doesn't this just work?  linux is crap cause i can't
install this brand new alpha software that i was already warned doesn't
work with my video card!" will not get a lot of (positive) responce.  ;)

another part of the problem is that since the sooftware can be obtained
free, the support by those who (usually) know it best is what should be
charged for.  yes, there is still great user support, but sometimes you
need more.  look at it as the evolution of free trade on the net.

> has anyone considered the possibility of a "pressure" element? kinda
> like some very dark forces secretly pushing within the software market
> in order to make it harder for them?

more than you know....

--
"Psychic Convention. If you belong there, you will KNOW when and where."

shane
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Mandrake Users Club Member http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/club/