On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:46:08 +0100
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 June 2002 15:17, you wrote:
> >

> > Besides, what can't be said in plain text e-mail? Do you lack the
> > necessary communication skills to use simple words? Did Tolkien
> > write using fancy fonts and colours? My point is that HTML mail is
> > simply unnecessary. Do you want /italics/, _underlining_ or *bold*
> > fonts? Do you want a smiley face :-) ? It all can be done in plain
> > text.
>
> Plain text is all right as far as it goes, I don't mind using it for
> say Newbie, or just sending an order to some sales person,
> but 99% of the world traffic in emails is HTML. Yes it is. and I for
> one would not like to have my hands tied behind my back by
> not being able to use it. Suppose you had to email your curriculum
> vitae to a prospective employer and you emailer cannot send HTML
> your document looks silly and gives the imprssion you don't care.
> It says you are not even prepared to take that little bit of extra
> time and care to make a nice presentation, or that your emailer is
> not much, and you ought to do something about it.<snip>

My e-mail client has a feature that allows me to attach documents to my
message. So, if I want to send a PDF or HTML or whatever type of file, I
just hit the attach button, locate it, and send it off! Also, when I was
job hunting about a year ago, everything I read recommended creating a
PLAIN TEXT version of your CV to use as a sig. The rationale is that the
people reading the cv don't give a hoot about formatting, they just want
to weed out people based on qualifications and experience, not document
formatting.

--
Todd Slater
If the Aborigine drafted an I.Q. test, all of Western civilization would