On Wednesday 12 June 2002 04:44 pm, you wrote:
> Marcia wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I mentioned lately that I have upgraded with simms EDO 72 pin memory to
> > 128 megs of ram. To my surprise when I opened my box I found 2 empty dimm
> > 168 pin slots. Does this mean that I could upgrade to 512 megs of ram
> > using the 168 pin dimm sdram memory modules? I certainly would prefer
> > that to a new computer or upgrading the motherboard/cpu. I have a 200
> > megahertz genuine Intel motherboard and Pentium II MMX processor. Also, I
> > am using LM 8.2.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Marcia
>
> Simms & Dimms don't mix.  You have to use one or the other.  so populate
> your Dimms slots, but remove the SIMMS in place already.  Or vice versa.

Dear All,

Again thanks for all of the suggestions. Below are the specs on a computer
that I am considering. Would Linux-Mandrake 8.2 work on this machine? I may
add a Dell 17" monitor that is on sale for $99.00. Is this a good combo and
will this all work with LM8.2? Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Marcia

 The fantastic HP Pavilion 750n desktop features components like the IntelŪ
PentiumŪ 4 1.60 GHz processor, 512MB memory, massive 80GB hard drive, DVD,
CDRW and much more. The HP Pavilion 750n meets all-around business computing
needs with long-term stability, innovative manageability and connectivity.

Specifications:

    * IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 1.60GHz Processor
    * 512MB Memory
    * 80GB Hard Drive
    * 16x8x40x CDRW
    * 16x DVD
    * 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive
    * nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP graphics card
    * 10/100 NIC
    * 56K Modem
    * Windows XP Home
    * Recertified w/ 90 Day Limited Warranty
    * Monitor Sold Separately

Additional Specifications:

    * Microprocessor: IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 processor 1.60GHz with IntelŪ
NetBurst^(TM) micro-architecture
    * Frontside Bus: 400MHz
    * Memory: 512MB DDR SDRAM (exp. to 2GB)
    * Hard Drive: 80GB Ultra DMA
    * CD-RW Drive: HP CD-Writer (16x/8x/40x)
    * Multimedia Drive: 16x max. speed DVD-ROM
    * Video Graphics: nVidia TNT2^(TM) M64 AGP graphics card
    * Network Card: Integrated 10/100Base-T networking interface
    * Data/Fax Modem: ITU V.90 K56flex modem, data/fax only (33.6Kbps
send/download up to 56Kbps/14.4Kbps fax)
    * Total Drive Bays:
      - External (1) 3.5", (2) 5.25"
      - Internal (2) 3.5"
    * Available Drive Bays: Internal (1) 3.5"
    * Total Expansion Slots: 3 PCI; 1 AGP
    * Available Slots: 1 PCI
    * Total External Ports:
      - 4 USB
      - 2 Serial
      - 1 parallel
      - 1 game port
      - 2 PS/2
      - 3 IEEE 1394 ports
    * Available External Ports:
      - 4 USB
      - 2 serial
      - 1 parallel
      - 1 game port
      - 3 IEEE 1394 ports
    * Front Mounted Ports:
      - 2 USB
      - 1 Serial port
      - 1 IEEE 1394 port
    * Total Memory Slots: 2 DIMM (184pin, DDR)
    * Video Memory: 32MB SDRAM
    * Available Memory Slots: 0 DIMM (184 pin, DDR)
    * Memory Speed: 2100 MB/sec
    * Primary Cache (L1): 8KBytes of Data Cache + Trace Cache containing
12,000 Micro-Op entries
    * Secondary-Level Cache (L2): 256Kb advanced transfer cache
    * MPEG: MPEG2 for full-motion digital video
    * Keyboard: HP Internet Command Center; one-touch Internet keyboard
    * Speakers: Polk Audio Stereo Speakers with Power Port technology
    * DVD Software: InterVideo WinDVD^(TM)

Manufactured by: Hewlett Packard
Manufacturer Part No: RB-P6319AR

Manufacturer Warranty:
A full text version of the manufacturer's warranty may be obtained by mailing
a self addressed, stamped envelope to the address below and requesting the
warranty for item number: A265-1030 P

TigerDirect.com
Warranty Information
7795 West Flagler Street, Ste. 35