---------------------------------
[26] Shall I tell him or will you?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
New scouse recruit Biscan from Kiev on his new 'home'

'I played against United twice for Dinamo and there is no question they are the best
side I have seen,' he said through a translator. 'We are aiming for the same standard
here at Liverpool, where we have many outstanding young players.

'I had a choice of clubs because Barcelona, Juventus and Ajax all expressed an
interest in me. But English football appealed to me most.'

Barca, Amsterdam (we'll let him off Turin!)or Murkeydive - tricky choice you'll agree

---------------------------------
[25] Top 5 tonight
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
Man Utd     17 40
Arsenal     17 34
Leicester   16 29
Sunderland  17 29
Liverpool   16 27

---------------------------------
[24] I apologise!
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
I've often referred to the FA as a bit of a chimps tea party, but I realise I have
much maligned our primate cousins. The following story proves that they are way above
the evolutionary scale compared to Crozier & co

Stone-throwing baboons waited for three days at the side of a
mountain road to take revenge on a driver who had killed one of their
group.

The primates laid in wait and ambushed the driver on the same
mountain road in southwest Saudi Arabia where the baboon had been run
down earlier in the week.

After spotting the car responsible for the death, one of the apes
screamed out a signal to the rest to attack, provoking the frenzied
stone throwing.

Although the driver was able to escape, the apes broke the windshield
of his car, reports Al-Riyadh.

---------------------------------
[23] Bates motel chain dashed
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
As Ken has his masterplan for the replacement for the worlds biggest toilet dashed by
Crozier and co. How come it took them so long to realise what the rest of the world
has been saying (well us anyway) for ages.

Oops - forgot, this is the FA we're talking about

---------------------------------
[22] Bradford Away Apps
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
Bradford City vs Manchester United
Valley Parade, Saturday 13th January, kick off 3pm.

We have received an allocation of approximately 3700 tickets priced £27 adults £20
under 16's/over 65's. Postal application are now being accepted from Season Ticket
Holders on production of voucher 32 (duly completed), letter of application, open
cheque (made payable to MUFC), sae and the following 4 match vouchers properly affixed
to this seasons token sheet: 31 (RSC Anderlecht) 32 (PSV Eindhoven) 33 (Dynamo Kiev)
34 (Panthathinaikos).

Private Box/Exec Suite and Club Class Members can apply by post in the
usual manner quoting their facilities held.

All applications need to be received in the Ticket Office no later than 5 p.m. on
Thursday 14th December. As we anticipate being oversubscribed a postal ballot will be
held to determine the successful applicants.

---------------------------------
[21] Curbishley on 'Great game'
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
''For the first 35 minutes, I don't think Manchester United have been tested like
that. We could have been 2-0 or 3-0 up. Then to get stung like that before half-time,
I don't think many clubs would have come back. United could have gone even further in
front but we clawed our way back into it. It was a great game, great entertainment and
a fair result.''

---------------------------------
[20] Fergie on Giggsy & Ole
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
"Giggs was a real handful for them, they couldn't handle him. His vision for the
second goal was marvellous. I didn't expect that, I don't think anyone did,'' added
Ferguson. "It was unbelievable but the follow-up by Solskjaer was equally tremendous
as he was probably the only player on the pitch who thought that ball was going to
come back out."

---------------------------------
[19] What planet are you on?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
Well, it's certainly hyped more than it's ever been.

PLANETFOOTBALL.COM users have spoken: football is better now than it
ever has been.

An overwhelming 55% of voters said that football is now being played
at a higher standard than at any time in the past - and it's stars
Zindine Zidane, Ronaldo and Luis Figo are as good as anything in the
sport's glittering history.

Only thing I'll accept is that they are fitter than ever, but on a par with Pele,
Georgie Boy and Cruyff (Johan that is!)- my arse

This vote of confidence for today's players comes on the back of Mark
Lawrenson's comments that the English top-flight is at it's worst
level since the inception of the Premiership just over eight years
ago.

The 1970s, a decade that ended with English club's dominate in Europe
but it's international side falter and possessed stars like Johan
Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer and Mario Kempes, comes a clear second with
19% of the poll.

The decade of Diego Maradona, Michel Platini, Zico and Marco van
Basten and the great Liverpool sides, the 1980s, came next with 8%
just ahead of the era of Pele, Bobby Moore, Eusebio and George Best -
the 1960s - which got 7% support.

Elsewhere, the 1990s received 6% of the poll, the 1950s 2%. 3% of you
with long memories voted for the 1950s.

---------------------------------
[18] How come it didn't say 'Fat'?
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
Neil Ruddock's shirt for the game against Wimbledon on
Tuesday night bore the legend "Razor" on the back instead of his name. He was fined
£100 by the Football League for breaching regulations.

---------------------------------
[17] Fergie credits Curbishley
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
"They are a great lesson about patience and management. Alan Curbishley has not
panicked.

"He went down with that squad and has come back up with them. They've shown a genuine
improvement from their last season here and I think they will stay up without
question."

---------------------------------
[16] Fergie on 'magnificant game'
Posted Saturday, December 9, 2000 by tb:
"After 20 minutes, we would have been delighted with a point.

"So it was a mixed bag for us but for anyone watching, it was a magnificent game of
football.

"Six goals and it could have been more. So we've contributed once again to a really
entertaining match and that pleases me.

"It was a really courageous effort by Charlton. They deserved their point because of
their courage and they played some nice football at times.