---------------------------------
[8] Team from last night
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, December 7, 2000 by bar-knee:
United: Barthez, Brown, Neville G, Silvestre, Irwin, (Neville P 90), Beckham, Butt
(Giggs 80), Scholes, Keane, Sheringham, Yorke (Solskjaer 90)

Subs not used: van der Gouw, O'Shea, Fortune, Greening (strange how many attackers?)

Bookings: Butt 58,

Goals: Scholes  17, Giggs  89

Attendance: 16,500

---------------------------------
[7] Alfie is a blue, he is so sad
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, December 7, 2000 by bar-knee:
Extract from Manchester City skipper Alfie Inge Haaland's recent week:

"This week I went to see AC/DC in concert, along with my friends  Egil Ostenstad,
Stig-Inge Bjornebye and Veggard Heggem. It was a great gig,  and they played all their
hit songs such as Back In Black and Highway To Hell  - the show went on for well over
two hours. It was a real inspiration to see  the band, particularly Angus Young,
running around like kids, with the sweat  pouring off them. It made me think that, if
a bunch of middle-aged guys can  run around like that for two hours, we shouldn't have
any problem, being in  our mid-20s, performing for 90 minutes! I'm into all kinds of
music, not just  heavy metal, but AC/DC just have quality songs and I have to say that
it was  one of the best concerts I've ever been to."

And now we easily realise why he's such a hero to the Bitter Blue ranks - and why he
hates Utd so. Mr Bean has more fun in a week.

---------------------------------
[6] Stop that pre-season, we want to get on board!
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, December 7, 2000 by bar-knee:
With Peter Kenyon set to announce our Far East tour dates later today marketing
company IEC want us to include Australia as part of a pre-season tour.

The marketing company's managing director Dominic Galati admitted  that he was in
talks with the Premiership champions - and that an  arrangement would be mutually
beneficial.

"We are in negotiations with them, we're talking to them about 2001
and 2002. We'd like them to come back, they had a great experience in  Australia with
us previously, we treated them well. They loved  Australia, but it's more of a
business proposition for them.  They set up a lot of stores in Asia and any tour is
for two-fold  reasons - it's to promote their team and promote their stores."

Soccer Australia chief executive David Woolley is worried after the aggro during the
last tour.

"We went through some difficulties last time and we'd need to be sure
that didn't happen next time. The public deserve better entertainment value then
they've had in  the past and are very mindful of that. As far as the club were
concerned it didn't create any animosity with the Australian soccer federation."

[5] Kaiser waxes about Becks
Posted Thursday, December 7, 2000 by bar-knee: