---------------------------------
[15] Personal Comment
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, April 18, 2001 by ps:
The second time we have not been able to cut it in important European matches in
successive seasons. This year we could have gone out in the qualifiers after slack
defending against Kiev and I really don't believe we would have got past Madrid had we
won tonight. Whereas we expect to win away in the league every weekend, we don't have
the same conviction against the top players in Europe and have found goals hard to
come by away from home.

I for one expect Alex to bring in at least two, maybe three quality European players
over the summer. This is his last season and he won't want to bow out in the same way
we have tonight. One thing is for sure, a few players will be looking over their
shoulders after tonight.

PS

---------------------------------
[14] Fergies Comments
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, April 18, 2001 by ps:
A very dour looking Alex speaking on ITV.

"I thought we had some some good chances...Coley had 2 or 3, but definding cost us the
game."

When asked to comment on Keano: "The best player in Britain!"

---------------------------------
[13] Final Score
---------------------------------
Posted Wednesday, April 18, 2001 by ps:
Bayern 2 United 1
Giggs (49)

Better half from the reds but we gave ourselves too much to do in the first half.
Giggs salvaged a bit of pride, but even then we may as well have heard it on the radio
for all we saw of it, thanks to the German replays.

Sheringham and Chadwick looked excellent when they came on as Scholes reverted to a
more central role. Should that have been the way to start? We'll never know.

I'm off to sulk...

---------------------------------
[12] Half Time Score
Posted Wednesday, April 18, 2001 by ps:
Bayern 2 United 0

What can I say? Could have been more. Some of the worst defending I have see from a
United side. Only Keane, Scholes and Cole have done themselves any justice so far.

Bayern look like scoring on every attack whereas United hit a brick wall and throw
balls over the top of it in the faint hope that Yorke might make an effort.

Disappointed and depressed so far. My heart says we can still do it, my head says we
haven't got a chance.