RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the fans forum, and more,
check out the website at http://www.rednews.co.uk

[11] 5 in Ingerlund squad
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and Paul Scholes

---------------------------------
[10] More McClaren on result
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
"You need to get breaks when you play United and Ryan missing that chance was a
let-off, but all my lads were heroes out there," he said.

"We have tried to build a side on work-rate and commitment but we also showed quality
at the right time today and Benny Carbone was absolutely fantastic for us."

---------------------------------
[9] Paddy also says no signing yet
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
"The PLC board have known about the offer to David for quite some time as we are
duty-bound to inform them, but David hasn't signed or indicated when he will."

---------------------------------
[8] Cuddly Pete on Becks signed rumour
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
"The David Beckham situation has not changed. We are optimistic David will re-sign but
there have been no further developments and my meeting with the PLC was simply to
discuss our half-yearly trading figures. David Beckham was not on the agenda."

---------------------------------
[7] How many!
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
>From the Sunday Mirror:

THOUSANDS of Liverpool and Manchester United fans face being locked out of this
season's Champions League Final if either team makes the Hampden showpiece on May 15.

UEFA have allocated just 14,500 tickets to each of the finalists. That will go nowhere
near satisfying demand should either club get there. Hampden's capacity is 52,000 so
around 23,000 tickets will go to Scottish fans, UEFA officials and commercial partners.

One can understand the reluctance to let any more scousers than necessary let loose in
Glasgow, but what have we done to derserve such a poxy allocation?

---------------------------------
[6] Premier League tv?
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
According to Soccernet (yes I know)the Premier League are preparing to set up their
own tv channel rather than sell to a broadcaster. This is so they can trouser most of
the advertising revenue themselves rather than line BSkyB's pockets.

Haven't they heard the loud bang of the bubble bursting?

---------------------------------
[5] Ronny, Ruud, Roy pull out
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
Of international friendlies this week.

Ronny - knee
Ruud - groin
Roy - hip

---------------------------------
[4] McClaren: 3 points is 3 points
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
"Of course it's nice, But it would have been the same if I had won at Anfield,
Highbury, Elland Road or somewhere like that and it's still three points.

---------------------------------
[3] McCaren: Utd still in it
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
"I'm biased, but I still think there will be a few more twists and turns in the
championship race," he said.

"I still wouldn't bet against them. It's a blow for them, but I think there are going
to be a lot more strange results from now until the end of the season.

"I'm sure Arsenal and Liverpool have got difficult games ahead as well.

"I think it's still wide open and although this might be disappointing for United,
other teams still have difficult games and they might slip up as well.

"I'm just glad I'm not playing them next that's the only thing I can say."

---------------------------------
[2] Fergie: No excuses
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
"There are no excuses."

"We didn't play well enough on the day and it's a disappointing day.

"We didn't really start well and they scored in that period.

"I thought we were sloppy throughout the team and there was no great urgency about us.

"After that they just sat in there and defended in the box and it was difficult for us.

"We didn't show enough quality on the day. We just needed better quality in the final
third of the field and we didn't have it.

"In fairness we didn't deserve to win and we just looked flat."

---------------------------------
[1] Fergie says Arse are now favourites
Posted Sunday, March 24, 2002 by tb:
"We need other teams to make mistakes.

"It's a situation we have had in the past and I would say that Arsenal are now strong
favourites.

"Our game against them will probably take place in the last week of the season which
may give us an opportunity to have a go at them.

"But we've still got to play Leeds and Chelsea away so it's looking very difficult now.

"But we will keep going and that's the nature of this club. "The players know that
themselves and they are very disappointed."