First, when I connect to connect.telvue.com, it resolves as 8.39.99.30 and
NOT 35.224.46.35, as you listed. There seems to be two or more entries in
their DNS, but 8.39.99.30 seems to be on a Level3 (CenturyLink) backbone in
Philadelphia and 35.224.46.35 resolves for me as "
35.46.224.35.bc.googleusercontent.com" on completely different IP space.
When I go to https://35.224.46.35, I do get the Telvue website, but the SSL
cert is from another entity - "giown1007.siteground.biz," which would seem
that this could be a Google-hosted content distribution network. I will
note that "telvue.com" resolves for to the 35.224.46.36 address, while "
connect.telvue.com" resolves to 8.39.99.30 instead. Can you try uploading
to Telvue through https://8.39.99.30 and see if that IP or server is faster
for you?

Secondly, and to your question as to whether you would be helped by a file
upload service, I don't know that you would, since a file upload service
(HighTail or WeTransfer or others) is is just a repository in the cloud to
store files, which doesn't ultimately deliver your content to your
destination of connect.telvue.com. Perhaps you could try to upload through
a friend's Comcast connection as an alternative to your AT&T one to see if
there really is an interconnect or throttling issue, but I don't think a
file transfer service is your answer. It seems to me that
https://connect.telvue.com / IP  35.224.46.35 is on a low-bandwidth or
oversubscribed circuit or server farm. I don't see an interconnection issue
to either site.

Good luck.

Gibson Prichard
Nashville, TN
gib...@prichard.tv

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 2:44 AM Michael L <helpwithmath...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello NLUG,
> Do I need a file transfer service?  Insight and suggestions will be much
appreciated as always
> I upload 22GB to 31GB of video weekly to Comcast and lesser amounts to
Cox Media and Charter-
> For Comcast I have to upload at this
> By comparison, uploading to COMCAST TAKES OVER 8 TIMES LONGER ... ON A
GOOD DAY!!!

> Here's a little graphic I sent them showing how slow Comcast Telvue is
compared to Charter and Cox Media on a 1.9GB test file
> (AND I SENT THEM THE TEST FILE SO THEY CAN TRY IT FOR THEMSELVES):
>

> Charter CoxMedia Comcast Telvue
> IS OVER
> 2m47s 2m34s 22m21s <<<< 8 TIMES
>

> SLOWER
>

> I've been emailing Comcast's contact for 4 to 6 months about how slow
this is and the only response I ever get is:  "seems to be working fine"
 <<--- i.e., Not our problem; can't help ya.  Finally Comcast management
gets out of bed after months of hibernation and tells me: