From: David W. McSpadden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 May 2008 1:11 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Why XP is doomed

I have to say I agree and disagree with both threads.
I agree with Murray because in my org the pc's are just dumb terminals and all
the work is done from the db on a server.
If I was in an org where everyone was responsible for their own data storage
and servers where mainly for print servers then I guess I see where a more
secure, faster pc would come in handy.
But right now I push policy from the DC and the pc is stuck with what I allow
it to do not the user.
If I don't want him storing files on it I don't allow it.  I don't have to
worry about someone hacking the pc.  I just keep the data lines tethered with a
tight string and I feel good when I go home at night.