"...I take the time to teach and empower my users, most admins neither make
or take the time to do so. "

Then you are extremely privledged to have the opportunity and resources to
do so (serously, no sarcasm intended) !   In many environments, the Help
Desk has the day to day interaction with the users, and admins are only in
the escalation chain for what the Help Desk cannot resolve ( correctly or
otherwise ) ... Or else the admin is already working 55+ hours a week in a
40 hour job with too few resources, and not enough time or budget to
complete all the 'priority' tasks on his/her list .

( I'm using arbitrary salary $$$ here, but they're close in some
environments )  And how do you help your boss explain to the  executive
board ( CEO/CFO/CIO etc ) why he's got $30+ per hour staff doing the job of
$20 per hour staff ???

Reality really hurts in many many locations especially these last couple of
years ...

Erik Goldoff
IT  Consultant
Systems, Networks, & Security