On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 8:45 PM, John Cook <john.c...@pfsf.org> wrote:
> If they choose to ignor what I instruct them
> to do how is that not stupid?

  If it's simply a question of not following instructions, perhaps.

  I may have been taking your comments in broader context than you
intended.  This discussion is basically about meeting requirements.
Calling someone's requirements "stupid" is rarely a good idea.
("Infeasible", perhaps.)  Perhaps you didn't intend for your comments
to be applied to others.  Of course, I wonder why you're sharing your
opinion if you don't think it should apply to anyone else... ;-)

  It's also worth noting that when many people repeatedly "misuse" a
system, that's often a sign of poor human-factors engineering.  I see
this on a daily basis, throughout the world, not just in IT.  Bad
traffic intersections.  Confusing industrial controls.  Overly
complicated tax forms.  Things that work well generally work the way
people work.

> ... was the last time you had to restore a mailbox?

  I haven't, so far, knock on wood.  But that's largely because I've
designed around the limitations of Exchange in that area.  Had we had
other options, we might well have gone in a different direction,
because it was easier/cheaper/faster/etc.

-- Ben