On 5/2/09 2:30 PM, John Kemp wrote:
> But for 2009.1, I think it's right to stay with oauth_version=1.0, and
> move on to fix the actual security issue.

Fine, it really doesn't matter what the oauth_version is, anyway.

Can I see a show of hands - Can an SP safely allow any Consumer to use
the current OAuth 1.0 (not referring to the revised 2009.1 draft)
securely?  [Yes or no?]

In other words: If an SP allows an arbitrary Consumer to use the OAuth
1.0 flow as-is, then the security threat continues for that SP?

If this is "yes" then all SP's that switch to 2009.1 _cannot_ allow the
currently known insecure OAuth 1.0 flow, so "backwards compatibility" is
a non-issue.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/