Howdy, all! Uberetzung is getting close enough that it is time to start
thinking about packaging.

Previously, stable releases for windows were made of thee files

  ohrrpgce-win-installer.exe
  ohrrpgce.zip (AKA custom.zip)
  ohrrpgce_play.zip

the contents of the installer and the zip were about the same.
ohrrpgce_play.zip was the minimal version with just game.exe and some
text files.

Here is what I envision for Ubersetzung and future releases:

  ohrrpgce-win-installer.exe

This would be the biggest file. It would include game and custom and all
support files, as well as the "import" subdirectory with some sample
songs and sfx and fonts, and a copy of Vikings of Midgard (hopefully,
if Fenrir is ready)

I would expect this file to be fairly big. Probably bigger than 5 mb,
but less than 10 mb.

Then we would have:

  ohrrpgce.zip

The minimalist distribution. It would just have game and custom and the
stuff you need to run them. included Readme files would direct you where
to download the sample music and sounds, and where do download Vikings
of Midgard (and other games). I am not sure whether madplay+oggenc
should be separate or included.

This would probably be close to the same size it was for the
Hasta-la-qb+ release, since the loss of game-qb and customqb will
approximately make up for the new dll files.

Then:

  ohrrpgce_play.zip

Should probably go away. (or redirect to ohrrpgce.zip)

Beyond those, I can see pros and cons to having other packaging. Are
people going to want a minimalist windows installer? Are people going to
want a full zip file including Vikings and all the import media? Does
the benefit of extra choices outweigh the confusion of "which one do I
donwload?" for new users?

---
James Paige