It is painted Detroit Diesel Green because GM always painted each engine a
different color so the assembly plants could ID them at a glance , no need to
slow down and look at tags or grease pencil markings on the rockerbox....

The 261 is supposed to be green as GM knew that 50 years later when you rattled
& wheezed your truck (oops ~ that's _my_ truck , yours is bitchen') to the
Koffee Klatch or Show & Shine and pop the hood , the other StoveBolters will
all turn this color when they see it sparkling away there......

Seriously , clean that green up with care and get some good pix of it so's you
can match it up when you re-paint it before installation .

I'd not be taking it apart just yet , take some time cleaning & adjusting it
then light it off and see if it knocks etc. before you make up a game plan  .

To see if it turns , just grab the front pulley and give it a twist .

Don't assume it'll need a total rebuild just because it's old ~ it wasn't
designed that way .

Also , DO NOT run it sans water in the water jacket ! if you can't cobble up a
rDIATOR , AT THE VERY LEAST , CAP OFF THE LOWER HOSE AND FILL IT UP .

Oops .

The " 050 " cylinder head is the correct , low compression , steam hole drilled
head , very good and crack resistant too , it'll work very well if you hop up
the engine and add multiple carbys or just run strong and not wear out if you
routinely run it hard & fast .

Remember to note the casting #'s on the connecting rods if you send them out as
they're different from 235 ones and often get switched or ' lost ' (yeah ,
_right_) at the Machine Shop .

The carby is special too so don't let it out of your site .

It sounds to me like you're already enjoying your Christmas Gift , I bought my
self two vintage (?junk?Classic?valuable?) Honda CT90 Trail Motos . o.K. ,
three to be precise but the 1969 K1b isn't a runner and has no paperwork .

Back on topic , the flywheel covers two of the bell housing to block bolts ,
just use the longest 1/2" drive breaker bar (flex handle) you can fine with a 6
point socket on it , if there's a clearance issue , just remove the socket from
the flex handle and turn it 1/4 turn (90*)
before re installing and try again , you might need to put your feet against
the bell housing when you pull (don't yank !) , if the engine turns , it makes
this job *much* easier if you set the engine so the flex handle crosses over
the center of the crankshaft when your loosening the bolts , this makes tire
changing by hand much easier too , give it a try some day .

No one here is rolling their eyes at you ~ we're all glued to the 'puter
awaiting your next post on this , relax and get healthy first as the new flu
isn't the same as the ones when we were kids .

Always balance my advice against the others here who prolly know more than I do
.

NOW what ? I can't seem to get this message to send.....

-Nate