>> I prefer not to mix developer/project-facing material and user-facing
>> material on the same wiki, because it is difficult enough to maintain
>> a consistent voice for the user-facing material.  Also, users should
>> be able to easily subscribe to and make additions to the
>> user-oriented wiki without contending with the project-oriented
>> organization.
>>
>> That was my thinking.
>
> I see and I get your point now. I agree we need a certain
> degree of separation but that does not necessarily need to
> be in the form of two distinct wikis.
>
> Having two sections in a common wiki would allow to easily
> move content over, as occasionally done with OOo where
> feature developers kept draft documentation for their
> features while in development and then docs folks
> clean it up and move the content over to the documentation
> section.
>
> Also, a common entry portal then leading off to user-facing
> documentation or developer documentation or project related
> pages would reveal the mechanics of the project to those
> who are unfamiliar with how open source projects work and
> may help make this more transparent.

If we want to have different groups of users with update rights we should
definitely have two wikis.

See https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/ for the instructions regarding confluence.

We could start with the following confluence wiki spaces:

(1) ooo-dev - for developer facing documentation.

(2) ooo-user - for a prospective user wiki. We can debate whether confluence,
MediaWiki, moinmoin or ? are best by experimenting with various approaches.

(3) ooo - for the project website. There are options here as well CMS,
moinmoin, Forrest, ...

I'll make the request from Infra. I have experience with Confluence and will do
the initial setup once Infrastructure creates the space(s). I'll add all
committers that are on the project page to the committers group as we go.

Regards,
Dave